Hey guys,This strip is a reply to Tutorial - Chicken, Stuck - 47, Theme Pack Contest, SG for DUMMIES Contest!
I've been asked to make a basic tutorial on how to use the library. This is the result. Lots of text and almost no graphics. You shouldn't have asked, if you ask me ...
Feedback is welcome - Let me know if anything is missing!
You can only save GROUPS to your library, so you have to know how to group stuff:
Choose some stuff from characters, items or shapes
Arrange the stuff to your liking
Select everything 'dragging' with the mouse or shift+click everything
Now - with your stuff selected - you can group, and then save to your library for future use
1) You can group and save masked objects. This is handy if you "build" your own characters from shapes. (And you can mask grouped objects, but that's a whole other story ...)
2) You can NOT group groups!!! If you can't group your stuff, check that some of it isn't grouped already
3) You can NOT group textboxes. This means that you cant SAVE textboxes either
4) You can NOT group elements from your friends libraries
5) You can NOT UN-group elements from your friends libraries either
6) But you CAN ungroup elements from your own library. This comes in handy, if you made a character, and you want to change facial expression, move an arm, or anything like that.
Is it just me, or is that sheep-guy really, really boring???